Click on the images for more information.
CryptoNote is the open-source protocol behind Monero,
a privacy-focused cryptocurrency released in 2014.
As part of a coding theory coursework, my team of 4 conducted an analysis of the CryptoNote v2 whitepaper. The paper outlines an alternative electronic cash system, with the aim of solving what the authors believe to be the main deficiencies of Bitcoin.
The delivery of the assignment was through presenting a deck of slides that summarised our findings. The grade I personally achieved was 23/25.
As part of a Pattern Recognition university module, a peer and I investigated several approaches to the problem of facial recognition. Principal Component Analysis (PCA) and Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) were used for dimensionality reduction, and methods such as Nearest Neighbour (NN) were used for classification. We described our research on the methods to maximise recognition accuracy in a report.
MetaGo was a MetaSwitch Networks "Vacathon" (3-day-long hackathon) project
with the aim of automating canteen transactions.
First, it identified people by comparing them against a database of company directory pictures. Then, it captured the barcodes of the items they took and charged them the approptiate amount.
The hackthon was concluded by our team of 5 preparing a Pitch Deck and presenting our product to the judges. We won the hackathon.
The project has been described in further detail in my Final Placement Report. The codebase for the project can be seen on GitHub.
I researched the efficacy of different machine learning algorithms for
the given dataset
on whether an SMS was spam or not.
All the code (in Python) used for the research can be found on GitHub along with my solutions to excercise questions (in MatLab). I also wrote a report on the project.
As part of the module Embedded Systems, our team of 4 was tasked with writing
real-time firmware for precise control of a brushless motor.
Considerations included race conditions, deadlocks, shoot-through, volatility, memory allocation, scheduler jitter, aliasing and cut-off frequency.
Flexo is an IoT device that helps patients get physically stronger.
The hand therapy activity tracker transmits the collected data to a mobile app,
ready to be shared with professionals as well as the patient.
The code is publicly available along with a Pitch Deck for the product.
VR Cafe was a start-up company with the mission of provisioning an economic and
technologically advanced platform for enthusiasts to socialize and
collectively enjoy their passion for Virtual Reality. It was created by me as
part of the Imperial College Business School module Entrepreneurship
My team consisted of 6 people and delivered a Business Model Canvas, a Business Plan, a Pitch Video and a Pitch Deck, achieving an A* overall.
During my internship at Sense about Science, one of my contributions was the production of 5 videos for their YouTube channel. 4 of these videos were related to Voice of Young Science (VoYS). VoYS is a unique and dynamic network of early career researchers across Europe committed to playing an active role in public discussions about science. The 4 videos concerned the nature of peer review. I was resposible for all the graphic design and video editing necessary. The playlist has since been published, and has more than 250 combined views.
By using μBoard, an external mathematical keyboard, symbols that mathematicians and scientists frequently use are more easily accessible.
μBoard was my product proposal as part of a second-year project module at Imperial College London . I was one of the 2 software developers in the team. We authored an Interim Report and a Final Report , pitched our product to a technical audience, and designed a website. Later, in June 2017, part of the team including me applied to the Enterprise Boost Grant, and won £2000.
The tasks undertaken involved analysis of ordinary differential equations and partial differential equations.
The mathematical problems were placed in the context of electrical engineering applications.
The analysis methods were implemented via Matlab.
A final report was submitted detailing the analyses.
The tasks were given as part of a second year mathematics module. It was undertaken in collaboration with 4 teammates.
The team achieved an A* through a comprehensive report.
I participated in the London branch of the Facebook Hackathon 2018 as part of a group of 4. We built an app that tweaked faces in photos to give exaggerate or express certain emotions. We came in third place by winning the honourable mention title. The code for the project can be found on GitHub.
I implemented a 64 bit * 64 bit → 128 bit fast multiplier in ARM assembly
using only fundamental assembly instructions.
The code along with my solutions to excercise questions can be found on GitHub.
As a first-year coursework at university, students were asked to build autonomous robots that would follow a track marked in fading greyscale,
with extra functions gaining extra marks.
Approximately a month into the project, we submitted a management report . Towards the end of project, we submitted a design report detailing our methodogies and justifying our design choices. In the end, we were one of only 3 groups who had successfully built a fully analogue line-follower.
A first year assignment in my university degree was to build a game similar to the viral 2048 app.
We were given restrictive specifications, but also had plenty of room for creativity and improvements.
We needed to take into account all possible edge cases.
Good coding practices and versatility of our code were also taken into account for marking.
The game was programmed in C++. A program report was authored, explaining how the code functions in detail. It includes a review of the program and prospects for improvements.